The NASTAR Center at ETC hosts a STEM summer camp for students in grades 2 to 12. Our programs engage students in interactive activities designed to reinforce state standards for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education. Students are immersed in topics ranging from spaceflight to renewable energy.
The program for older students is an analytical, hands-on curriculum ideal for those who may consider careers in engineering, physics and math. The program for younger students is geared toward activities that demonstrate the exciting side of learning and discovery.
Popular activities include piloting a flight simulator, building solar car models, performing science experiments and building stomp rockets. Students are immersed in the NASTAR Center’s training and research activities. The NASTAR Center trains commercial space travelers and supports the research of universities and government entities such as NASA.
NASTAR STEM Camp experiences include:
• Exploring renewable energy
• Building a solar hot water heater
• Engineering solar car models
• Constructing a windmill generator
• Making and eating space food
• Designing and racing balloon-powered cars
• Flying puff and stomp rockets
• Constructing and flying paper airplanes
• Designing spacesuits
• Discovering the parts of an aircraft
• Building weather instruments
• Exploring the forces of flight
• Building balsa gliders and paper gyrocopters
NASTAR STEM Camp hours: Monday thru Friday, 9AM – 4PM
The 2016 NASTAR STEM Camp schedule is:
(crossed out dates indicate a full class)
|Date||Age Group||Program Focus|
|June 20 – 24||Grades 4 – 6||Forces and Motion|
|June 27 – July 1||Grades 7 – 8||The Earth and the Solar System|
|July 11 – 15||Grades 2 – 3||Observing our World|
|July 25 – 29||Grades 7 – 8||The Earth and the Solar System|
|Aug 15 – 19||Grades 9 – 12||Physics and Engineering|
The cost for NASTAR STEM Camp is $250.00 per week.
For NASTAR STEM Camp enrollment information, contact Greg Kennedy at (215) 355-9100, X 1512, or firstname.lastname@example.org.