The NASTAR Center at ETC hosts a summer space camp for students in grades 2 to 12. Our programs engage students in interactive activities designed to reinforce state standards for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education. Students are immersed in topics ranging from spaceflight to renewable energy.
The program for older students is an analytical, hands-on curriculum ideal for those who may consider careers in engineering, physics and math. The program for younger students is geared toward activities that demonstrate the exciting side of learning and discovery.
Popular activities include piloting a flight simulator, building solar car models, performing science experiments and building stomp rockets. Students are immersed in the NASTAR Center’s training and research activities. The NASTAR Center trains commercial space travelers and suppors the research of universities and government entities such as NASA.
NASTAR Camp experiences include:
• Exploring renewable energy
• Building a solar hot water heater
• Engineering solar car models
• Constructing a windmill generator
• Making and eating space food
• Designing and racing balloon-powered cars
• Flying puff and stomp rockets
• Constructing and flying paper airplanes
• Designing spacesuits
• Discovering the parts of an aircraft
• Building weather instruments
• Exploring the forces of flight
• Building balsa gliders and paper gyrocopters
The 2014 NASTAR CAMP schedule is
July 7 – 11: NASTAR Camp Grades 4 – 6, Forces and Motion
July 14 – 18: NASTAR Camp Grades 4 – 6, Living in Space
July 21 – 25: NASTAR Camp Grades 7 – 8, Energy
July 28 – Aug 1: NASTAR Camp Grades 4 – 6, Forces and Motion
Aug 4 – 8: NASTAR Camp Grades 9 – 12, Physics and Engineering
Aug 4 – 8: NASTAR Camp Grades 7 – 8, The Solar System
Aug 11 – 15: NASTAR Camp Jr. Grades 2 – 3, Observing Our World
Aug 11 – 15: NASTAR Camp Grades 4 – 6, Living in Space
The cost for NASTAR Camp is $250.00 per week.
For NASTAR Camp enrollment information, contact Greg Kennedy at (215) 355-9100, X 1512, or email@example.com.