This program is designed to provide pilots, crew, and passengers with the knowledge and skills needed to survive unanticipated water landings and/or other episodes where rescue may be required.
- Learning factors that cause water emergencies
- Assessing ability to escape from aircraft (fixed wing and helicopter)
- Experiencing simulated crashes & survival situations
- On-Board hazards and emergencies
- Firefighting in the cabin/cockpit
- Evacuation and escape
- Aircraft ditching scenarios & techniques
- Search and rescue
- Safety and survival equipment utilization and deployment
- Effects of hypothermia and hyperthermia, mitigation and survival
- Survival psychology
- Personal rescue techniques (signaling, flotation devices, etc.)
- First aid/medical scenarios
- Evacuation training through an emergency exit on water
- Trainee will be required to demonstrate their ability to swim and tread water.