Call For Research Volunteers
Researchers at the National Aerospace Training And Research (NASTAR) Center in Southampton, PA in collaboration with Filton Systems Engineering Ltd., UK, are seeking volunteers for a research study. The purpose of the study is to test a new passenger oxygen mask to be used during commercial flight.
Volunteers will report for testing at 9:00 Eastern time the day of the testing. Test subjects will be briefed on the testing and will receive training in altitude physiology. Subjects will then enter the NASTAR Altitude Chamber where the air pressure and humidity will simulate the various altitudes up to 40,000 feet. Noninvasive pulse oximetry and respiration readings will be taken at various altitudes.
Total time required for this study will be one 8 hour day. Testing is expected to occur during the week of January 4-9, 2019.
Possible Volunteers Must:
- Be healthy and between the ages of 18 and 60.
- Possess a current FAA Class III Medical Certificate or equivalent.
- Females may not be pregnant or nursing.
- Complete the NASTAR Center medical attestation form.
- Not be suffering from allergies, sinusitis, or a cold.
Possible Benefits to You or Society as a Result of this Experiment:
- If the product is successful and becomes available commercially, it could benefit the commercial flying public.
- Subjects will learn about altitude physiology.
- Subjects’ compensation will include a $100 stipend, $50 per diem, and one night’s lodging (total not to exceed $250). Travel expenses to and from the
NASTAR Center are the subject’s responsibility.
Interested in Volunteering
If you or anyone that you know may be interested in volunteering to be a candidate in this study please contact Thomas Harris, email@example.com tel. 610 235-7385 for more details.