The NASTAR Center’s GYM equipment is a suite of three physiologic training devices that work to improve balance, coordination, and task-saturation in flight. The three devices called the Wheel, the Gyro, and the Loop, combine with a rigorous physical fitness curriculum that desensitizes pilots to aviation environments.
The GYM Equipment is used in medical screening and selection of pilot candidates, in human performance evaluations, and can be outfitted with physiological parameter measurement equipment. Synchronized exercises can contribute to individual and collective concentration and coordination during advanced maneuvers and formation flight.
• Able to monitor trainee in conjunction with biomedical monitoring devices
• Enhance state of balance and coordination of pilots
• Improve personal physical fitness
• Improve overall concentration and task management
• Physiologic Conditioning
• Medical Screening & Monitoring
• Pilot Selection
• Concentration Enhancement
• Balance & Movement Improvement
• Formation Flying Coordination